I、Fill in each blank with the most appropriate word（用恰当的词填空）（每小题2分，共40分）：
1. Those girls aren’t Chinese. They come from Germany. They’re _______1_______.
2. That is my English magazine. Give it to _____2______, please.
3. --- Is there ____3______ milk on the table? --- No, there isn’t.
4. In our village all the shops aren’t _______4____ at lunchtime. They are closed.
5. --- Is that bag heavy? --- No, it isn’t. It is quite _____5______.
6. Helen’s computer is _____6_____ her closet. It doesn’t work now.
7. --- What are you ______7_____? --- I’m washing my clothes.
8. I’ve got a bad cold. I think I must go and see a ______8________.
9. The sun rises in the east and sets in the ____9_______.
10. My husband doesn’t like bananas. I don’t like bananas, _____10_______.
11. Are you going to the ______11_____? We need some salt and a bottle of vinegar.
12. Mike is a sales rep, He _______12____ bicycles at a big store.
13. As soon as the alarm clock rings every morning, I get up at _____13________.
14. In the photograph we can see the little boy is standing ________14____ her
mother and her father.
15. I don’t like milk in my coffee. I like ____15_______ coffee.
16. --- Is that tin of tobacco ______16_____ me,? --- Yes, but smoking is not good for
17. I like sports very much. Swimming is my ________17_____ sport .I love it best.
18. In winter we often skate _____18_______ the river, because the ice there is very thick.
19. Look! The bedroom is dirty now. Let’s _____19_______ the floor.
20. Mr Smith’s living room is very _______20____. It can hold twenty people there.
II、Finish the following passages with appropriate words
A. Write in a or an:
My friend John is _______21_____ engineer and his wife Susan is ______22________ teacher.
They have two daughters, Anna and Christine. They are not children. Anna is ____23______ air
hostess and Christine is _____24_____ hairdresser. Anna has _____25_______ Italian car, but
Christine has _____26_____ English bicycle. They don’t live with their parents. They have
their own apartments.
B. Write in be in the right form:
Mrs Smith’s kitchen ____27_____ small. There ____28_____ a refrigerator in the kitchen.
The refrigerator _____29____ white. It ____30_____ on the right. There _____31_______ an
electric cooker in the kitchen. There ____32____ some cups near the cooker. The cups ___33____
clean. There ____34_____ a table in the middle of the
room. There ____35_____ two armchairs beside the table. The armchairs _____36____ very
C. Write in proper prepositions:
Here is a photograph ____37______ our village. My wife and I are walking ____38______ the
banks _______39_______ the river. We are ____40_____ the left.
III、Read and match the correct questions and answers（为下列疑问句选择正确答语）
( ) 41. Whose shirt is this?
( ) 42. Come and see my new bedroom.
( ) 43. Who is this young man?
( ) 44. What’s the matter, children?
( ) 45. Where are my magazines?
( ) 46. What are the children doing?
( ) 47. Who are you going to see?
( ) 48. What are you going to do with those flowers?
( ) 49. Can you make the tea, Sam?
( ) 50. Where’s Pamela?
( ) 51. Do you want beef or lamb?
( ) 52. Is this your handbag, Alice?
( ) 53. How are you today?
( ) 54. What’s your job?
( ) 55. What colour are your new shoes?
( ) 56. What are their jobs?
( ) 57. How do you do?
( ) 58. Where’s the teapot? I can’t see it.
( ) 59. What’s the weather like here in winter?
( ) 60. What nationality are you?
a. It’s over there --- behind the kettle.
b. We’re Chinese.
c. No, my bag is blue.
d. Yes, of course I can.
e. Thank you, sir.
f. Perhaps it is Tim’s.
g. It’s cold and it rains a lot.
h. They’re red.
i. Neither, Mr Smith.
j. I’m going to see Dan.
k. I’m very well, thank you.
l. How do you do?
m. She’s next door.
n. They’re policemen.
o. I’m a nurse.
p. They’re playing in the garden.
q. They’re on the shelf.
r. He is our office assistant.
s. We’re tired and thirsty, Mum.
t. I’m going to put them in that vase.
IV、Read these situations, and tell what you might say in each situation
61．Someone says something that surprises you or you don’t hear very well
62. A friend has lost his or her bag. Ask him or her about the colour of it.
63. Someone introduces you to a stranger in a formal situation. What do you say?
64. You want Bob to open the door. What do you say to him?
65. A friend wants to turn on the light. You don’t want him or her to do it.
66. Someone offers you a cup of tea. What do you say to accept the offer.
67. You and a friend are going out. You are ready, but he or she isn’t. What do you say?
68. You want to know what someone will do next. What do you say?
69. You’re at a party and someone asks if you are having a good time. How do you say
that you are..